Describes the students of dyslexia educator education, meeting students about learning difficulties, activation arrangements, effective teaching arrangements, reading fluently, understanding what is read, informing about the working process and implementing these strategies.
Dyslexia is a term that is used to describe learning disorder, since imaging is among the most disturbed. especially the use of the term dyslexia, learning disorders in Turkey instead of carries a different significance. Because educators also perceive learning disorder expressions as mental retardation in their families. So it causes a lot of confusion and misunderstanding.
It is possible to learn with the use of educational therapy with the evaluation of special education programs and psychological approaches. The most important principle in therapy is the problem.
Due to difficulties in biological learning with dyslexia problem, it may experience some psychological problems. Carefully use biological medical and psychological practices related to this problem.
What are the Dyslexia Educator Training Contents?
Among the things that people with a bachelor’s degree in this area are most curious about are the content of dyslexia educator education. Let’s list them:
• Identification of the student with learning difficulties: precautions to be taken in class and effective education planning without sending the child faced with this problem to diagnosis.
• Features that affect the success of the student with dyslexia in school: What to do to overcome the failure of school children with dyslexia and planning for teaching
• Improvement in reading speed and correction of errors in reading: What are the techniques and how are they applied in determining performance in reading speed, correcting reading and reading errors fluently, and providing skills.
• The child understands the text he / she reads: What are the structure of the texts to be used in understanding the text that the child is reading, the teaching methods about the structure of the texts, what are the strategies before and after the reading that should be used for teaching the text the child reads.
• Mathematics related and language disorders
• Assessment tools to be used in dyslexia
Where is Dyslexia Trainer Training Provided?
Many people who have graduated from different branches are investigating where dyslexia trainer training is provided. This training can be given through different courses. These courses provide this education through universities and foundations that have child development or special education teaching departments. Trainings are mostly held face to face in a classroom. In addition, different courses are shown with distance education. The duration of this course varies from 50 to 75 hours.
The teachers who get the certificate of this education can be teachers working in the Ministry of National Education. These people have the opportunity to open support training classes. It is possible to open supportive education classes in private schools and nurseries by obtaining this certificate program. Rehabilitation centers also offer job opportunities to psychologists and teachers.
When does dyslexia occur?
Most of those who have not received an academic education on this subject do not know when dyslexia occurs. Generally, the emergence of this discomfort that manifests symptoms in preschool periods generally occurs during school period. Since dyslexia manifests itself in the form of reading disorders, written expression disorders, and mathematics disorders, it can generally be diagnosed during school period.
In school period, problems in academic skills persist. This disease is diagnosed in case of delay in reading and writing in the first grade when compared to peers and then reading slowly, reading wrong and not understanding what they read.
Dyslexia is a disorder in terms of neurodevelopment. It is a disorder in a subclass of specific learning disorder. It occurs early in interaction with genetic or environmental factors. It is a situation that generally continues throughout life. These children have problems with their social skills, which can lead to anxiety, depression, decreased self-esteem and problems in communicating with people.
If the family sees differences in the child’s development, they should speak to a specialist to diagnose it. A positive environment must be created that can provide support for the child. With the experts, the problems experienced to the child should be explained in the most appropriate way and the strengths and weaknesses should be noticed. The family should support and encourage the child in this process. It is important to emphasize the positive and strengths. First of all, the family child should not compare with others. The idea that dyslexia is a mental retardation is completely wrong.
Dyslexia trainers also have important duties on this issue. We can list them as follows:
• Training should be provided by experts
• Determining the reading level in the child, then deduction should be used.
• Repetitions should be made regularly.
• It should be approached patiently and positively. Being motivating is important for the process to proceed positively.
• Because these children are easily distracted, short-term studies are important.
• Support should be provided with activities that increase attention and memory games.
How many experts treat dyslexia publish articles and provide explanations on these topics. The point that those who want to learn should essentially know is this:
Dyslexia is not a disease. If there is no psychiatric cause underlying this ailment, it will be cured by special education.
It is ensured that those who will receive dyslexia trainer training specialize in this field. Education is the most important factor in the treatment of dyslexia and all learning problems. Family and educator must know this very well. Since there is no drug that treats dyslexia problem, it is only possible to overcome this problem by education.